Add & use accounts on your device
To start downloading and buying items on the Google Play Store app, you need to add a Google Account on your device. You can repeat the steps below to add multiple accounts to your device.
Add one or multiple Google Accounts
- If you haven't already, set up a Google account.
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Accounts Add account Google .
- Follow the instructions to add your account.
- If needed, repeat steps to add multiple accounts.
Tip: To help prevent accidental or unauthorized purchases, use password protection on your device.
Use & manage your accounts
If you have multiple accounts, you can choose which account you're using. This will work for the Google Play Store, as well as Play Music, Play Movies & TV, Play Books, Play Newsstand, or Play Games.
- Open a Google Play app.
- Tap Menu .
- If you don't see the menu icon in the top left corner, tap back until you're on the app home screen.
- Look for the name and email address of the account you're using at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Down arrow .
- Tap the account you want to use.
You can help protect your Google Account and your Google Play purchases by adding account recovery options, like a backup email address or phone number. This helps us contact you if you ever forget your password or need help with your account.
The Google Account Help Center has all the information you need to:
If you can't sign in or are having other account issues, you can get help with account problems.