Add & use accounts on your device
To start downloading and buying items on the Google Play Store app, you need to add a Google Account on your device. You can repeat the steps below to add multiple accounts to your device.
Add one or multiple Google Accounts
- If you haven't already, set up a Google account.
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Under "Accounts," touch Add account > Google .
- Follow the instructions to add your account.
- If needed, repeat steps to add multiple accounts.
Tip: To help prevent accidental or unauthorized purchases, use password protection on your device.
Use & manage your accounts
You can choose which account you’re using in Google Play apps:
- Open a Google Play app.
- Touch the Menu icon .
- You’ll see the name and email address of the account you're using.
- To select a different account, touch the down arrow .
- Touch the account you want to use.
You can help protect your Google Account and your Google Play purchases by adding account recovery options, like a backup email address or phone number.
This helps us contact you if you ever forget your password or need help with your account. The Google Account Help Center has all the information you need to:
If you can't sign in or are having other account issues, you can get help with account problems.
Dan is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.