Add an account to use Google Play on your device
To use Google Play on your Android device, you need a Google Account associated with your device. Additionally, the account must be associated with a Google email address (either Gmail or a Google-hosted domain).
Follow these steps to add an existing Google Account to your device or create a new Google Account to add to your device.
- Visit your device's main Settings menu.
- Under "Accounts", select Add account.
- Select Google on the account list.
- Choose whether to add an existing Google Account or create a new one.
- Follow the sign in instructions on your device to add your account.
If you want to purchase Android apps and content on Google Play, make sure that you've associated Google Wallet with the same Google Account.
- If your password doesn't work on your computer or device, get help with signing in to your Google Account.
- If your password works on your computer but not your device, troubleshoot username and password errors.
- If you don't have the Google Play Store app, check our list of supported devices and system requirements to use Google Play.