Delete or disable apps on Android
You can uninstall apps you've installed on your device. If you remove an app you paid for, you can reinstall it later without buying it again. You can also disable system apps that came with your device.
For Instant Apps, you can clear the data for one app, or turn off Instant Apps. Learn how to manage Instant Apps.
Delete apps that you installed
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu My apps & games.
- Tap on the game.
- Tap Uninstall.
- When the uninstall has completed, tap Install.
Disable apps that came with your device
You can’t delete some system apps that came pre-installed on your Android device. But you can turn them off so that they won't show on the list of apps on your device.
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap the app you want to disable. If you don't see it, first tap See all apps or App info.
- Tap Disable.
Reinstall apps that you deleted
If you delete or disable an app, you can add it back to your device. If you bought an app, you can reinstall it without buying it again. Learn how to reinstall and re-enable apps.