Movies and TV shows have different language options available for audio playback, captions, and subtitles.
Find language & subtitle details
- On your device, open Google Play Movies & TV or Google TV app .
- Tap a movie or TV show.
- Scroll to “More information.”
- Find details under "Audio" and "Subtitles."
Change audio language & subtitle settings
When a video has multiple languages, you can change your preferred audio or subtitle language. You can also set up default language settings that will be used across all videos you rent or buy.
While your video streams
- At the bottom or top right of your video player, tap Show closed captions and audio .
- Under "Audio" or "Subtitles,” select a language.
Important: Some movies may have permanent subtitles, which can't be turned off.
Fix problems with subtitles
If subtitles don’t appear after you turn them on, contact Google Play support.