You can use Google Play Books to download and read ebooks on more than one device. You can also upload files and print books.
Rent textbooks & books
You can rent digital versions of some textbooks and books on Google Play Books.
Important: Your rental period will start as soon as you make your purchase, even if you haven’t opened the book.
- On your device, open Google Play Books .
- Browse textbooks for rent or search for a specific book.
- Click the book you want to rent.
- Check whether it says "Rent" next to the price. You’ll also find how many days you can rent the book.
- To rent, click the price and check out.
- To find how much time you have before the rental expires, go to your library and check the book’s cover.
Rentals that have ended say "Expired." If you aren’t finished with the book, you can rent it again or buy the textbook. You’ll still be able to find your highlights and notes.