You can use Google Play Books to download and read eBooks on more than one device. You can also upload files and print books.
- On your computer, open Google Play Books.
- Click Shop search for the eBook that you’d like to read.
- Click the eBook scroll down to check details like which devices you can read the eBook on.
- At the top, click the price.
- Select your payment method > click Buy eBook.
Tip: Not all eBooks offer more than one viewing option.
- Original pages: Read the book in a fixed-page layout that usually matches the printed edition.
- Flowing text: Change display options like font, text size and line spacing.
You can change the font, text size and jump to chapters when you read eBooks.
On Google Play Books, open an eBook.
- To change the font, text size or other formatting, click Display options .
- To jump to a chapter, bookmark, note or info card, click Contents .
To print eBooks, you’ll need to download the eBook on your computer.
Important: There are limits on how much you can print from some eBooks. These limits are set by the book’s publisher and vary depending on the specific book. These limits are known as Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- On your device, open Google Play Books .
- Browse textbooks for rent or search for a specific book.
- Select the book that you want to rent.
- To find out if you can rent the book: Check whether it says 'Rent' next to the price.
- To find out for how long the rental lasts: Select 'Rent' then check the information in the pop-up.
- To rent the book, select the price then complete the check-out process.
- Your rental period starts when you make your purchase, even if you haven’t opened the book.
- To find out how much time you have before the rental expires, go to My Books then check the book’s cover.