Read books on Google Play
You can use your computer, Android, or iOS device to read books you bought on Google Play and use features like bookmarks, notes, and word definitions to enhance your reading experience.
Get started with Google Play Books
- Find books to buy: You can browse or search for books on Google Play.
- Read books you’ve bought: Visit your Google Play Books page and click on the book you want to read.
- You can filter your books by Uploads, Purchases, Rentals, and Samples.
Bookmark pages, add notes, play multimedia, and moreBookmark pages
Click the Bookmark icon in the top right corner of the page.
As you're reading, you can add notes, get definitions or translations, or search for words or phrases. Here's how:
- Highlight a word or phrase.
- You'll see the following options:
- Note: Click this option to enter a note.
- Translate: See a translation of the word or phrase you selected.
- Search: Search for your selected word or phrase within the book, on the web, or on Wikipedia.
When books have interactive content, click the Play button to start playing the audio or video. If you turn the page, the audio or video will stop playing.
Note: Audio and video can only be played when you’re connected to the Internet.
Delete a book from your account permanently
- On your computer, visit your orders page on Google Play.
- Next to the book you want, click Menu > Delete forever.
- Clear your Play Books mobile app data by visiting Settings on your device > Application manager > Google Play Books > Clear data.
- If you have the Play Books app for Chrome, open Chrome.
- Click Menu > Settings > Show advanced settings > Clear browsing data (under “Privacy”).
- Check the box next to “Hosted app data.”
- Click Clear browsing data.
Dan is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.