You can download your ebook so you can read it anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection.
Download books to read offline on your computer
- On your computer, go to your library.
- On the book you want to download, click More Download EPUB or Download PDF.
- If you get an ASCM file: You need to download additional software to read your book. Download and install Adobe Digital Editions for free.
- If you get an EPUB file: You can read your book with a reading app like iBooks or Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you get a PDF file: You can read your book with a PDF reader like Chrome or Acrobat Reader.
Tip: Some publishers don't allow any file downloads. You can’t download rented books.
Transfer your books to your e-reader
Important: You can’t open most books on a Kindle device.
- Connect your e-reader to your computer.
- On your computer, open Adobe Digital Editions. If you don't have it yet, you can download it for free.
- Drag the book to the name of the device you want to transfer it to.
Tip: Your purchased ebook associates with a single Adobe ID. Standard device limits apply. Some books aren’t supported for download. Check the “Reading Information” section of your book’s page in the Play Store for availability.