Download & transfer books to eReaders
Books on Google Play can be downloaded onto all eReader devices that run Adobe Digital Editions. You can transfer books on Google Play to supported eReaders following the steps listed below.1. Make sure you're using a supported eReader
Some common supported devices include: Aluratek Libre, Astak EZ Reader, BeBook, Bookeen, COOL-ER, Elonex eBook, HanLin eBook, IREX Digital Reader, Neolux Nuut, and more.
Note: Books on Google Play are not currently compatible with the Amazon Kindle.
- Download Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
- Follow listed instructions to install Adobe Digital Editions.
- During installation, follow the steps to authorize your computer with your Adobe ID. If you don’t yet have an Adobe ID, you will find instructions on how to create one for free.
Once you have installed Adobe Digital Editions Desktop Reader on your computer, here's how you can download a book on Google Play:
- Visit your "My Books" page on Google Play.
- Using your mouse or touchpad, hover over a book's cover and click the Menu icon that appears.
- Select "Download EPUB" or "Download PDF" to start your download. Oftentimes, the EPUB or PDF file comes encrypted, which is indicated by the .acsm file extension at the end of the file name.
- Open your file using Adobe Digital Editions.
- Transfer content from the eBook Reader on your computer to your E Ink device by following the instructions included with your device.
Transfer books to Nook™, Sony Reader™, and Kobo eReader
You can transfer books you've purchased on Google Play by following the device-specific instructions linked below.
Read offline with your eReader
If you're using a compatible eReader or smartphone, you'll download a full copy of your book to start reading, which allows you to read the book without an Internet connection. If you download many books at the same time, you may need to remove books from your device.
- Learn about managing your books on Google Play.