You can download ebooks from Google Play Books so you can read them anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection.
How to download ebooks on your computer
- Go to play.google.com.
- At the top right, click your profile icon.
- Click Library & devices Books.
- Next to the book you want to download, click More Export Download EPUB or Download PDF.
- If you get an ASCM file: You need to download additional software to read your book. Download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you get an EPUB file: You can read your book with a reading app like iBooks or Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you get a PDF file: You can read your book with a PDF reader like Chrome or Acrobat Reader.
- If your book was originally an ASCM file, to read the EPUB or PDF, download Adobe Digital Editions at no charge.
- Some publishers don't allow any file downloads. You can’t download rented books.
- You can't download some large book files.
Transfer downloaded books to your e-reader
Important: You can’t open most books from Google Play on a Kindle device.
- Connect your e-reader to your computer.
- On your computer, open Adobe Digital Editions. If you don't have it yet, you can download it at no cost.
- Drag the book to the name of the device you want to transfer it to.
Tip: Your purchased ebook associates with a single Adobe ID. Standard device limits apply. Some books aren’t supported for download. Check the “Reading Information” section of your book’s page in the Play Store for availability.