You can download your ebook so you can read it anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection.
Download & read books on your device
- Make sure your Android phone or tablet is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Google Play Books app .
- Tap the book you want to download.
- You can also tap More Download to save the book for offline reading.
- Once the book is saved to your device, a Downloaded icon will appear .
Download using Wi-Fi only
To avoid data charges, you can download ebooks using Wi-Fi only. To turn this feature on or off:
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Play Books app .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture.
- Tap Play Books Settings Download over Wi-Fi only.
Save new downloads to an SD card
Before you start
- The SD card must be formatted as “Internal” or “Portable Storage.” Settings and functionality vary by phone. For more information, contact your device manufacturer.
- You must have the latest version of the Play Books app. You can update your app on the Play Store.
- Make sure your SD card has enough storage space.
Save books to an SD card
- On your Android phone or tablet, open Play Books .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture or initials.
- Tap Play Books settings .
- Turn on Download new books to SD card.