Download & read books offline
You can download your ebook so you can read it anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection.
Download books on your computer
Check that Google Play Books app for Chrome is installed
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- At the top of your browser, click Apps menu .
- If you can’t find the Apps menu, the Bookmarks Bar may be hidden. To show the Bookmarks bar, click the Chrome Menu Bookmarks Show Bookmarks Bar.
- Select the Web Store .
- Search for "Google Play Books" click Add to Chrome Add app.
Download books to read offline
- On your computer, make sure you're connected to the internet.
- Open Chrome .
- Click the Apps menu .
- You can also enter chrome://apps/ in the address bar.
- Select the Play Books app .
- Move your mouse over a book.
- Check the box next to “Make available offline”.
Download & transfer books to your e-reader
- On your computer, download Adobe Digital Editions and follow the instructions to install it.
- Go to Google Play Books.
- Click My books.
- On the book you want to download, click More click Download EPUB (recommended) or Download PDF.
- Connect your e-reader to your computer.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions. Drag the book to the name of the device you want to transfer it to.
Important: Your purchased ebook can only be associated with a single Adobe ID. Standard device limits will apply. Not all books are supported for download. Check the details page of your book in the Play Store for availability.