Download & transfer books to eReaders
You can use eReaders that work with Adobe Digital Editions to read books you bought on Google Play.
- Books bought on Google Play won't work on Amazon Kindle devices.
- You can’t transfer books using a Chromebook.
- Your highlights and notes won't be available when you read your books on an eReader.
Transfer books from Google Play to your eReader
- On your computer, download Adobe Digital Editions and follow the instructions to install it.
- Go to My Books on Google Play.
- Find the book you want to download and click Menu .
- Click Download EPUB (recommended) or Download PDF. (What’s the difference?) It’s okay if the file has an .ACSM extension.
- Connect your eReader to your computer.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions. Drag the book to the device name on the left you want to transfer it to.
Dan is a Google Play expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.