Important: The Adobe Digital Editions export service is unavailable at this time. We are working to resolve this issue. ADE books already opened from a .ACSM and DRM-free downloads are still supported. To read any book offline, you can also use the Play Books Android app and iOS app.
You can download ebooks from Google Play Books so you can read them anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection.
How to download ebooks on your computer
- Go to play.google.com.
- At the top right, click your profile icon.
- Click Library & devices Books.
- Next to the book you want to download, click More Export Download EPUB or Download PDF.
- If you get an ASCM file: You need to download additional software to read your book. Download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you get an EPUB file: You can read your book with a reading app like iBooks or Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you get a PDF file: You can read your book with a PDF reader like Chrome or Acrobat Reader.
- If your book was originally an ASCM file, to read the EPUB or PDF, download Adobe Digital Editions at no charge.
- Some publishers don't allow any file downloads. You can’t download rented books.
- You can't download some large book files.
Transfer downloaded books to your e-reader
Important: You can’t open most books from Google Play on a Kindle device.
- Connect your e-reader to your computer.
- On your computer, open Adobe Digital Editions. If you don't have it yet, you can download it at no cost.
- Drag the book to the name of the device you want to transfer it to.
Tip: Your purchased ebook associates with a single Adobe ID. Standard device limits apply. Some books aren’t supported for download. Check the “Reading Information” section of your book’s page in the Play Store for availability.