You can redeem some Google Play sales or promotional codes for credit. This credit is usually offered as either Play balance or offers for content at no charge. You can use your balance to buy content on Google Play.
If you have trouble when you attempt to redeem a promotion:
- Make sure you type the code correctly. Don't use spaces or dashes.
- Make sure the code isn't expired.
Common problems with promotion redemptionYou input the wrong code or an invalid code
- Make sure you enter the code correctly. Don’t use spaces or dashes and check that you enter the correct letters.
- Verify that the code is a Google Play promotional code. Confirm with the company that issued the promo code that it's a valid Play promo code.
- Check if the code expired. Confirm with the company that issued the promo code to make sure the code hasn't expired.
Important: If you use a Google account associated with an institution like work or school, some promotions might not work. Contact your organization's technical staff for more information. Learn how to turn on Google services.
If you get a notification that "Your account isn't eligible for this offer," check that you're signed in to the correct account.
- Sign in to the account that was sent the promotional code. Then try to redeem the code again.
- If you have a contact email address that's different from your Google Account email, make sure you're signed in with your Google Account's email. Then try to redeem the code again.
Some sales for apps must be redeemed in the app itself, not in the Play Store.
- Open the app.
- Select the plan or item that the code is valid for.
- Before you pay, tap the payment method.
- Tap Redeem code.
- Add your code and then complete the purchase.
Tip: For more help, contact the app developer. Learn how to contact an Android app's developer.
Some codes can only be redeemed once. When you redeem it, the credit is added to your Google Play balance or the offer is added as a reward.
You can check if you redeemed your code in your account:
- To check credits added to your Play balance, go to payment methods. If the promotional credit appears, you can choose your Play balance as your payment method when you make a purchase.
- To check offers, go to the offers page. If the offer appears, it'll automatically apply when you make an eligible purchase.
If you can't find the credit or offer:
- Make sure you're signed in to the same account you used to redeem the code. Learn how to switch accounts.
- Check that friends and family members who may have had access to the code didn't redeem it.
For privacy and security reasons, we can’t share any information about the Google Account where a promotional code is redeemed.
There are limits for the total value of your Google Play balance. You can't redeem a promotion if its value puts your balance over the limit for your country.
To redeem the promotion:
- Spend some of your balance.
- Wait 24 hours.
- Try to redeem the code again.
To use a promotional code:
- You must be a resident of the country where the promotion is offered. Your payment method must be tied to your home country.
- You must physically be in the country or region.
- The country listed in your Google Play account must match the country where the promotional code is offered.
To try to fix issues with your location:
- If you're currently outside your country of residence, wait until you return home.
- If you recently moved to another country, you may need to change your Google Play country.
- Pseudo credits can't be used for Play Books or in-app purchases on apps that also sell books.
- To use pseudo credits, pick an app that doesn’t sell books, or use a different form of payment.