- The quests you receive depend on things like your status as a new member, your Play Points level, or other behaviors.
- The steps may vary between users.
- Unless the quest page says otherwise, you can complete the steps in any order you choose.
Common questionsWhat does “purchase” mean?
Any transaction that earns you Play Points is considered a “purchase” within quests. When you buy an app or a game, make a subscription payment, buy something in an app, or rent a book or a movie, these transactions count as “purchases” toward quests.
Tip: You won’t earn points for extended trials if you don’t provide a payment.
When you use points to exchange an item, you don’t get any new points. When you use points to complete a purchase, it isn’t considered a purchase toward quests.
When you purchase an item in your game or app, you get points. An in-app purchase qualifies as a purchase toward quests.
When you renew your Play Pass subscription, you get points. This subscription renewal is considered a purchase toward quests.
- If your purchase is canceled: As long as your quest is still incomplete, you can make another qualified purchase and finish the campaign.
- If your purchase is refunded after the quest is complete: The quest returns to an incomplete state. You can still complete the quest.
- If you claimed a reward but a purchase that affects your quest status is reversed: Your quest reward may also be reversed.