Seeing error: You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app on your device with this email account
Most of the time, this message appears when you’re using your computer to download an app on Google Play (play.google.com) for a new device.
Before you can shop on Google Play from your computer, you need to link your Google Account to your Android device. To link your Google Account to your Android device, sign in to the Google Play Store app on your Android device and download any app.
1. Sign in to the Google Play Store app on your Android device
To download apps on Google Play, you need an Android device that comes with the Google Play Store app.
2. Download an app on your device
Open the Play Store app and download an app. After you’ve downloaded an app, your device will be linked to your Google Account.
After a few minutes, you can download apps to your device using your computer (play.google.com). Make sure you’re signed in to Google Play with the Google Account that you use on your Android device.
Error message still appearing
If you've signed in to the Google Play Store app on your device and downloaded an app, but you still see the error message, clear your app's data.
- Open your device's main Settings menu.
- Select Apps or Application manager. (This may be different depending on your device.)
- Select Google Play Store.
- Touch Clear data.
TroubleshootingCheck if you’re signed in to the same account
To download apps using your computer, you must use the same Google Account on your computer (play.google.com) and your device.
Here's how to see which account you’re using on Google Play.
Using your Android device
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Touch the Play Store icon.
- Your account is displayed at the top of the app’s main menu.
- To change accounts, touch the dropdown arrow and select a different account.
Using your computer
- Go to play.google.com.
- If you’re already signed in, click the profile picture near the top right of the screen to show which account you’re using.
- If you see a Sign in button near the top right of the screen, click it to sign in to your account.
If your device is running Android 1.5 (Cupcake), you may not be able to download apps to your device using your computer (play.google.com). You can use the Google Play Store app on your device to get apps.
Here’s how you can find out what version of Android you have.
- Open your device’s main Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select About phone or About tablet (depending on your device, this may be located under "System").
- Your version will be listed under “Android version”.