"You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app on your device with this email account."
If you see this error message, make sure that you have an Android device that works with Google Play and have signed in to the Google Play Store app on that device.
Step 1: Make sure you have an Android device that works with Google Play
If you're using an iPhone, iPad, Kindle, or other non-Android device, you won’t be able to download Android apps on Google Play. Also, some Android devices are not supported for use with Google Play. Check whether your device is in our list of supported Android devices.
You can't download apps to use on your computer
Android apps on Google Play are meant for use on your Android device and can't be used on your computer. You can, however, visit play.google.com on your computer and download Android apps to your supported Android device.
Step 2: Sign in to the Google Play Store app on your device and download an item
- Touch the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Follow the instructions on the device to either sign in to an existing Google Account or create a new Google Account.
Make sure that you're signed in to the same Google Account that you're using on your computer.
- Using your device, download an item on the Google Play Store.
After a few minutes, you can visit play.google.com on your computer and download apps to your device.
Missing Google Play Store app (white shopping bag icon)
If you don’t see the Google Play Store app on your device, it’s likely that your device doesn't work with Google Play. You can contact your carrier or manufacturer for further assistance.
Error message still appearing
If you've signed in to your device's Google Play Store app, downloaded an item, and your device doesn't appear on the Google Play website, you can try clearing your app's data by following these steps:
- Open your device's main Settings menu.
- Select Apps or Application manager. (This may be different depending on your device.)
- Select Google Play Store from your list of apps.
- Touch Clear data.
Other troubleshooting stepsMake sure you’re signed in to the same account
Make sure that you're signed in to the same Google Account on your device's Google Play Store app that you're using on your computer.
You can see which Google Account you’re using on your device's Google Play Store app by following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Touch the Play Store icon to see which account you're currently using.
- To change accounts, touch the dropdown arrow and select a different account.
On your computer, your Google Account is displayed near the top of the screen on play.google.com.
If your device is running Android 1.5 (Cupcake), you likely won't be able to download Google Play apps to your device using your computer. However, you can still use your device’s Google Play Store app to install apps.
You can see your Android device's version by following these steps:
- Open your device’s Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select About phone or About tablet (depending on your device, this may be located under "System"), where you’ll find your Android version listed.