If your PC meets the minimum requirements, you can install Google Play Games Beta on PC.
- On your Windows computer, go to play.google.com/googleplaygames.
- Click Download.
- To install the app, open the downloaded file, then follow the instructions.
- The installation can take a few minutes.
Tip: If your computer didn’t meet the minimum requirements, you’re notified and the installation won’t continue.
Set up virtualization settings
To play mobile games on your PC, Windows virtualization settings must be turned on.
- If Windows Hypervisor Platform is turned off, you’re prompted to turn it on during installation. Restart your computer for this setting to take effect.
- If Windows Hypervisor Platform is turned on already, you won’t get this prompt.
- Before you install Google Play Games Beta on your PC, CPU virtualization must be turned on in your computer’s BIOS settings.
Tip: If you installed other emulators on your computer, they might not work when Windows Hypervisor Platform is turned on. Learn how to turn off Hypervisor after installation.
Sign in to your account
To play across devices, be sure to sign in with the same account on your mobile device and your PC.
Tip: Only the first user who installed Google Play Games Beta on PC can open it and play games.
Troubleshoot installation errors
- Address any minimum requirements that are missing. The specific items are noted during installation.
- For more info about how to update your PC, contact the PC manufacturer.
- Be sure to turn on Windows Hypervisor Platform before installation, or if prompted when you run Google Play Games Beta on PC.
- If you turned on HAXM when you installed the app, uninstall Google Play Games Beta on PC, then reinstall it. When prompted, be sure to turn on Windows Hypervisor Platform.
- As of November 11, 2022, Google Play Games Beta on PC no longer supports HAXM as an alternative to Windows Hypervisor Platform.
- Uninstall Google Play Games Beta on PC through Windows “Apps & features,” then reinstall it.
- Restart your computer.
Tip: If you try all of these troubleshooting steps and still can’t install Google Play Games Beta on your PC, contact us. This product is still in beta, so we appreciate any feedback you can send.