You can subscribe to certain series in Google Play Books, including manga. When there’s a new release for the series, your account automatically purchases the book for you.
Important: Series subscriptions are only available in Japan.
Subscribe to a series
- On your Android device, open the Play Books app .
- Find the book or manga series you want to subscribe to.
- If subscriptions are available, tap Subscribe Subscribe.
- If you don’t find “Subscribe": Subscriptions aren’t available for the specific series.
- When you subscribe to a series, new books in the series are automatically added to your library. To find them:
- On your Android device open the Play Books app .
- At the bottom, tap Library.
- If your form of payment fails, you don’t get new releases. If you don't update your form of payment within 30 days of the failed charge your subscription is cancelled.
- We try to notify you before an upcoming release, but you may not get a notification until the new release is available.
Cancel a series subscription
- Open the Google Play app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Payments & subscriptions Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the instructions.
How series subscriptions work
When you subscribe to a series:
- Your account automatically purchases future releases with your default form of payment.
- Prices may vary for each release.
- Subscriptions don’t include currently available titles.
What's included in series subscriptions
- If a series has both volumes and issues: the subscription includes new issues.
- If a series has both books and omnibuses: the subscription includes new books.