See your app's ratings & reviews
After downloading an app, users can rate an app with a star rating and review. Each user can only rate an app once, but they can revise a rating or review at any time.
Here's how to see your app’s ratings and review data:
- Sign in to your Google Play Developer Console.
- Click All Applications.
- Select an app.
- On the left menu, click Ratings & Reviews.
Near the top of the page under "Ratings & Reviews", you can see the total number of ratings, a summary of star ratings, and the average rating for your app.Browse individual reviews
Under "Reviews", you can see individual reviews that users have left for your app.
Review titles are displayed in bold. Reviews are automatically translated to the language you use on the Developer Console. To see the review in its original language, click Show original review.
For each review, you can find a user's:
- Star rating for your app
- User name
For most reviews, you can also find the following information for your app:
- App version
On your Ratings & Reviews page, under "Reviews", you can click the Filters dropdown to view additional options to filter your app's reviews, including:
- Star rating
- App version
- Click Add Filter to filter reviews by a specific device.
If you've added any filters and want to remove them, under "Reviews", click Remove all filters.
Note: Ratings and reviews include different versions of the same package. App ratings don't start over when you publish a new version of your app.
Reply to reviews
Developers can reply publicly to any review once. After you've replied to a review, an email is sent to the user with an option to update the review or contact the developer directly through the support email address added to the Google Play Developer Console.
Note: You can edit your replies at any time. If the user updates their review, then it is a good idea to update your developer reply as well.Developer Comment Posting Policy
The public developer response feature is intended to help you resolve problems with your app and build relationships with users. Your use of Google Play is governed by the Google Play Business and Program Policies.
Please follow these policies when commenting on user reviews:
- Make it clear and relevant: Replies should directly address the user's comment in a clear, valuable and truthful manner. Try to can address the user's comment within the text of your reply.
- Be nice: These are your users and you want to help them find a resolution, not burn bridges. Do not post content that is abusive, hateful, or threatens or harasses others. Also, don't engage inappropriate user comments through replies. Instead, read our posting guidelines for users and learn how to report inappropriate comments.
- You need to follow our posting policies regardless of the nature of the message you are replying to.
The use of this feature is a privilege, not a right. Failure to observe the above guidelines and any other Google Play terms may result in a suspension of your application or Google Play Developer account as outlined in the Google Play terms.
Report inappropriate reviews & comments
Download reports from Google Cloud Storage
You can download monthly reports as CSV files from Google Cloud Storage. Learn how to access and download monthly reports.