Important: Google Pixel Watch does not have a physical reset button. Do not insert any items, such as paper clips, into the mic hole on the side of the Pixel Watch as this can cause damage.
A restart should resolve a frozen or blank watch face or unresponsive touchscreen.
- On Google Pixel Watch, press and hold the crown for 3 seconds.
- Scroll down and tap Restart.
- If your watch screen is still unresponsive after taking these steps, perform a hard reset. Long press the crown and side button until you see the white G, around 20 seconds but may take longer.
A factory reset will help resolve multiple issues you may encounter in the Google Pixel Watch app including:
- Timed out updates
- Forgotten PIN or passcode
- "Something went wrong" error message
Reset from the Google Pixel Watch app
- On your phone, open the Google Pixel Watch app .
- Tap System Reset and unpair watch.
Reset from your Google Pixel Watch
- On Google Pixel Watch, swipe down tap Settings .
- Tap System.
- Scroll down and tap Disconnect & reset Ok .
Reset to factory settings through the Google Find My Device tool remotely from android.com/find.
If you've tried the steps above and your watch is still not reset, you can reset through your phone settings
Reset from your phone settings
- Uninstall the Google Pixel Watch app .
- Go to Settings Connected Devices forget any watch devices listed.
- Restart the phone.
Reset from Fastboot
- Turn off Google Pixel Watch.
- Wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on by pressing the crown.
- When the watch screen displays the white "G" icon, tap the upper-left and lower-right edges of the watch face screen at the same time. The watch will go into "Fastboot" mode.
- Press the side button next to the crown to scroll down.
- When "Recovery Mode" is highlighted, press the crown. The message "No Command" will appear on the watch face.
- Press and hold the crown and swipe up on your screen at the same time. A debug screen will appear on the watch face.
- Swipe down until "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" is highlighted.
- Swipe right to reset your watch and PIN.
- Swipe right again to confirm.
If you've tried the steps above and your watch is still not reset, contact support.
Important: After you reset your watch, you'll want to reconnect your phone and watch by following the instructions to Set up Google Pixel Watch.