Charging Google Pixel Buds
Charging your Google Pixel Buds is a quick and easy process when you follow these simple steps.
How to charge your Google Pixel Buds
Match the L & R indicators of the Pixel Buds to the charging case magnetized pockets.
Once they're in, press down to make sure the charging pins are firmly in place. After placing your earbuds in their pockets, secure the cord by wrapping it around the rim of the charging case so you can carry Pixel Buds while they are charging.
A green LED light will appear, indicating that your Pixel Buds are charging.
How to charge your Google Pixel Buds case
Plug your charging case into a power source using the included USB-C™ to USB-A cable.
When should I charge my Pixel Buds?
The Google Pixel Buds provide up to five hours of listening time with a single charge. When you're getting close to five hours of usage, place your Pixel Buds into your charging case to recharge. When the charging case is fully charged, it stores multiple charges for your Pixel Buds so you can have up to 24 hours of listening time.
To help remind you of when you should charge your Google Pixel Buds, the buds will alert you with a low battery chime at 25%, 10%, 5%, and just before they completely run out of power.
How to check the battery level of your Pixel Buds
Bluetooth settings (Requires a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL phone)
Headphones settings in Google Assistant
- Press and hold the center button on your phone to invoke your Google Assistant
- Tap on Headphones Settings
- Your device settings will also display the Pixel Buds battery level
Pixel Buds in the charging case
- To quickly check the battery level of your Pixel Buds when they're in the charging case, press the case button or open the lid of the charging case.
- If you see green LED, that means your Pixel Buds are good to go. If you see an amber LED, that means the battery in your Pixel Buds is critically low.
|●||One solid green light||The Pixel Buds battery is fully charged|
|●||One green light pulsing||The Pixel Buds are charging|
|●||One amber light||The Pixel Buds battery is critically low|
How to check the battery level of your charging case
- If your charging case is empty, the white LED lights show the battery level of the case itself.
- If your Pixel Buds are in the charging case, you can press the case button to toggle between your Pixel Buds' battery and the battery in the charging case.
|○○○||Three solid white LEDs||The case battery is at 75% or higher|
|○○●||Two solid white LEDs||The case battery is between 50-75%|
|○●●||One solid white LED||The case battery is between 25-50%|
|●●●||One amber light||The case battery is critically low|
USB-C is a trademark of USB Implementers Forum
Kevin is a Google Pixel Buds expert and the author of this page. Leave him feedback below about this page.