Troubleshooting steps for some common issues with offers and rewards.
Fix common issues with offers & rewardsCan’t enroll card
Some cards aren’t eligible for card-linked offers. View cards eligible for card-linked offers.
If you already opted in to Google Pay rewards and your card can’t be enrolled, try again with a different card.
If you recently received a new version of an existing card:
All offers expire after a certain date.
- In-store offers and some online offers: End 45 days after activation or at the offer expiration date, whichever comes first.
- Certain online offers: End 24 hours after activation or at the offer expiration date, whichever comes first.
Fix issues with offers & rewards in the Google Pay appConfirm your card is enrolled for card-linked offers
Important: Make sure you:
- Turn on "Earn rewards on qualifying actions."
- Check “Enroll your cards for linked offers.”
- Check that the toggle next to the card you want to use is turned on.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture or Account .
- Tap Settings Offers & rewards.
- Under “Enroll your cards for linked offers,” check for a status message.
- No status message: The card is successfully enrolled.
- Enrollment in progress: The card is in the process of being enrolled. To find out if the card is successfully enrolled, check back later. In some cases, it could take up to an hour.
- Not eligible: The card isn’t eligible for card-linked offers. You can add an eligible card to Google pay.
- Update card info in GPay: The card is expired or another type of error occurred. To update your card info, remove the card and add it again.
If you successfully enrolled a card, it should look like this:
After the eligible action or transaction, rewards can take a few days to appear. Before troubleshooting further, allow a week for the rewards to appear.
If it’s been more than a week, find the rewards you earned.
- If your reward isn't pending, the reward should be conferred.
- If your reward is pending, you’ll receive it by the date on the reward card or once the return period for the purchase is over.
- If you can't find your reward, contact us for help.
If you completed an offer but the reward isn’t there:
- Make sure you opt in to Google Pay rewards. To earn rewards, you must opt in.
- Select the offer and scroll to review each requirement in the offer terms and conditions.
- If necessary, before a purchase, make sure you activate the reward.
- Some offer terms require that you pay with an eligible enrolled card. Make sure you add and enroll an eligible card and pay with that card according to the offer terms and conditions.
- To be eligible for the reward, before the offer expires, make sure you complete each offer requirement. For examples of other typical offer requirements, review the table below.
|Offer requirement examples|
|Offer expiration||Complete the offer terms before the offer expires. Learn more about offer expiration.|
Offer activation expiration
|For offers that require activation, complete the offer terms before the activation window expires. Learn more about offer activation expiration.|
|Offer activation required||Some offers need to be activated each time you try to redeem them. Not all offers can be redeemed multiple times.|
|Offer completion location||Some offers are for in-store purchases only and some are for online purchases only.|
|Total transaction value||Some offers may require one or more purchases worth a certain amount.|
|Total number of transactions||Some offers may require a certain number of purchases within a set time period.|
|Blackout dates||Some offer terms have time periods when the offer can’t be completed.|
|Reward limits||Some offers have a cap on the amount of times they can be redeemed for a reward.|
|Transaction refunds||Refunded transactions don’t count towards offer completion.|
|Promo codes||To earn the discount, you must activate the code, make a qualifying purchase on the merchants website before the expiration date, and use the promo code during checkout.|
- Time for reward to appear: After a qualified purchase, it can take a few days for your reward to appear. If you don’t get your reward after 7 days, contact us for help.
- Time to receive cashback: After the cashback is unlocked, it can take up to 48 hours for it to be deposited into your money in Google Pay.
- Pending rewards: If your qualifying purchase has a return period, it can take up to 90 days for the cashback to be unlocked. At this time, the reward shows as pending .
If you have a pending reward, it appears like this:
Cashback you received as a reward is added to your money in Google Pay.
- If your purchase has a return period, your cashback is unlocked after the return period ends as long as you don’t refund the purchase. Return periods can be up to 90 days.
- It can take up to 48 hours after the cashback is unlocked for it to be deposited into your money in Google Pay.
Find rewards that you earned
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the bottom, tap Offers .
- Below your total rewards amount, tap Show more.
Fix issues with offers & rewards in a web ad or Google Maps
If you have more than one payments profile associated with your Google Account, you may need to select a different profile for offers.
To update the payments profile used for offers:
- Go to pay.google.com.
- At the top, select the down arrow with the name of your payments profile.
- If you only have one payments profile, the down arrow menu isn’t available.
- Select the other payments profile.
- If you have more than 2 payments profiles, you may need to select each profile to identify which one is compatible with offers.
- Return to the offer and try to activate it again.
Didn't get a reward
To find your cashback reward:
- Check if you used the enrolled payment method to make the purchase.
- Sign in to the payment method account that you used to make the purchase.
- The cashback reward appears as a credit named "GOOGLE CASHBACK."
- If it’s been at least 32 days since you made the purchase and the credit hasn’t appeared, contact us for help.
After a qualified purchase, it can take up to 32 days to receive the cashback.
You’ll get an email that confirms that you earned the reward. The email should arrive within a few minutes, but can take a few days. If you don’t get this email within 7 days of the purchase, contact us for help.