If you verify your identity, you can add money to your Google Pay balance from a verified bank account. To send money to friends and pay for Google products, you can use your Google Pay balance. If you set up your Google Pay balance to pay businesses, you can use it to make contactless, in-app, or online purchases wherever Google Pay is accepted.
- You must link a bank account to Google Pay.
- There are limits on adding money to Google Pay balance. Learn more about limits when you add money.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- Tap your profile icon on the top right of the home screen.
- Tap on your Google Pay balance.
- Tap +Add money.
- Enter the amount you want to add.
- Minimum amount is $10.
- Tap Next.
- Choose a bank account as your payment method.
- If there’s no payment method, click Add bank account and follow the steps to link your account. Learn how to add a payment method.
- Tap Add.
- It can take up to 3–5 business days for the money to reach your balance. Learn more about transfer times.
Tip: If you face issues adding money, here is a list of likely reasons.