In the Google Pay app, you can add a debit card or credit card and use it to make contactless payments:
- In stores
- For transit
- In apps or online where Google Pay is accepted
Forms of payment that can be used for different features
|Feature||Supported payment methods|
|Make contactless payments in stores or for transit||Accepted debit cards or credit cards. Find supported payment methods.|
|View insights about your money & spending habits||Accepted credit cards or bank accounts.|
|Send money||Accepted debit cards, bank accounts*, or Google Pay balance.|
|Add money to Google Pay balance||
Accepted bank accounts.
|Transfer money out of Google Pay||Accepted debit cards and bank accounts.|
|Pay in apps or online||Accepted debit cards, credit cards, and Google Pay balance where accepted.|
*You can’t use a bank account to send money to someone who:
- Doesn’t have the new Google Pay app
- Doesn’t allow people to search for them
You can still send them money with a debit card or your Google Pay balance.
Add a credit or debit card
- Open the Google Pay app .
- At the top right, tap your Profile picture Wallet.
- At the bottom, tap Add to Wallet.
- Tap Payment card.
- To capture your card info, use the camera. You can also enter your card info manually.
- Review and accept the terms from your card’s issuer.
- If you’re asked to verify your payment method:
- Choose a verification option from the list.
- Enter the verification code.
Accepted cards for payments
Important: The types of cards accepted by Google services vary by location and product.
- American Express
Can’t add debit or credit card
If you can’t add a debit or credit card:
- Make sure that the info on file with your bank or card issuer matches the name and address in your Payment Profile settings.
- For more information or to resolve the issue, contact your bank or card issuer.
- Try a different payment method. When you try to add a card, make sure it’s accepted.
- In case of technical issues, try again later.