To find debit cards, credit cards, and bank accounts in the Google Pay app for payments or to track spending, use the “Insights” tab.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- Tap Insights Show all accounts.
- If your card or account was:
- Added for payments: You can find it under “Payment methods.”
- Added to track spending: You can find it under “Bank and credit cards balances.”
Tip: At any time, you can add a card or bank account for another purpose.
Forms of payment that can be used for different features
|Feature||Supported payment methods|
|Make contactless payments in stores or for transit||Accepted debit cards or credit cards. Find supported payment methods.|
|View insights about your money & spending habits||Accepted credit cards or bank accounts.|
|Send money||Accepted debit cards, bank accounts*, or Google Pay balance.|
|Add money to Google Pay balance||
Accepted bank accounts.
|Transfer money out of Google Pay||Accepted debit cards and bank accounts.|
|Pay in apps or online||Accepted debit cards, credit cards, and Google Pay balance where accepted.|
*You can’t use a bank account to send money to someone who:
- Doesn’t have the new Google Pay app
- Doesn’t allow people to search for them
You can still send them money with a debit card or your Google Pay balance.