- To use the app, you need a valid Google Account, subject to these age restrictions per country. Some features within Google Pay may have specific age requirements.
- Android devices with Lollipop 5.0 and up can download the app, but Nougat 7.0 is required to add or find cards and passes or to make contactless payments. Learn how to update your Android version.
- Google Play Services and Google Wallet app.
To get started with Google Pay, download and set up the Google Pay app.
Tip: For step-by-step videos, check out Google Pay’s YouTube channel.
Add a screen lock
- For your security on the Google Pay app, you must set up a screen lock on your device.
- When you use Google Pay, you may be asked to unlock the app.