Get local news for cities in which you’re interested
You can change your settings on Google News and get local news for cities that you care about.
Note: This feature is only available if you're signed in to your Google account.
- Open the Google News app .
- At the bottom, tap Following .
- Under 'Local', tap Add location or View all and manage.
- From here you can:
- Add a city: Search for a city. Next to it, tap Follow .
- See more stories about your favourite city: Next to a city, tap More Set as primary.
Where suggestions come from
Google News might suggest locations to make it easier to access local news for the places about which you care most. These location suggestions come from:
- The home and work addresses that you set in Google Maps. Find out how to set or change your home and work address.
- Device location from your IP address or device settings. Find out how to update your location on Google and manage your Android's device's location settings for Google News and other apps.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?