Important: This feature is only available if you're signed in to your Google Account.
You can change your settings on Google News to get local news about specific cities.
- Open the Google News app .
- At the bottom, tap Following .
- Under "Local," tap Add location or View all and manage.
- From here you can:
- Add a city: Search for a city. Next to it, tap Follow .
- See more stories about your favorite city: Next to a city, tap More Set as primary.
Where suggestions come from
To make it easier to access local news for the places you’re most interested in, Google News may suggest locations. Location suggestions come from:
- The home and work addresses you set in Google Maps. Learn how to set or change your home and work address.