Get the new Google News
The new Google News replaces:
- Google Play Newsstand
- Google News & Weather
Most people who had Play Newsstand will automatically get the new app. People who used News & Weather can download the new app.
Get the new app
If you used Play Newsstand
For most people who had Play Newsstand, the new app will replace it automatically. If this replacement doesn’t happen for you, download the new Google News app from Google Play.
People in selected countries will keep using the Play Newsstand app. See example countries.
If you used News & Weather
Find what you want in the new Google News
- For the latest top stories, tap Headlines .
- To deep-dive into a story without personalization, tap Full coverage .
- To see more stories about certain subjects in “For you,” follow topics:
- For local coverage, search for a location. Then tap Follow .
- To see more stories from a certain publication, search for that source. Then tap Follow .
- To make your own topics, search for your interests. Then tap Follow .
- Find your existing subscriptions and sources in your Favorites .
- Discover new publications in Newsstand .
Note: Some of these features are only available if you're signed in to your Google Account.