If you have problems with Google News, try these solutions. You can also get help on the Google News Help Forum where readers share tips and knowledge about Google News.
Can’t open Google News app
Try updating your Google News app . Get app updates from Google Play.
Can't access Google News
If you're signed in to a Google Workspace account:
- Your administrator might have turned off access to Google News. For more info, contact your account administrator.
- You will not be able to use the app because there is no signed-out mode.
- To access Google News, switch to a personal Gmail account.
App doesn’t refresh
- To get new stories, open your app and swipe down on the screen.
- Check that you’re connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- If the app closes or specific content is blank, learn how to clear your app’s cache and data.
Purchased content doesn't show up
If your issue or subscription doesn’t show in your “Following,” check that you’re signed in with the account that bought it.
- Open your Google News app .
- At the top right, tap your Profile picture or initial.
- By your username, tap the Down arrow .
Can’t play YouTube videos inside app
Try updating your YouTube app . Get app updates from Google Play.
Find your personalized content
Block or unblock people who share
Important: This feature is only available if you're signed in to your Google Account.
If you’d like to stop someone who directly shares stories with you on Google News, you can block their account. Learn how to block or unblock people.
Report spam or inappropriate content
Spam or inappropriate content
If you believe sites violate our quality guidelines for spam, offensive, or inappropriate content, you can send us feedback.
To report spam or inappropriate content: In your app, in the top right, tap your Profile picture or initial Help & feedback Send feedback.
Inaccurate or outdated content
News organizations publish the stories and images you find on Google News.
For content problems: Contact the publisher.
To share other feedback about Google News:
- In your app, in the top right, tap your Profile picture or initial Help & feedback.
- Tap Send feedback.
You can also go to news.google.com, and in the bottom left, click Send feedback.