You can control your Google News settings. These settings include your language, region, text size, and whether videos play automatically.
Note: This feature is only available if you're signed in to your Google Account.
Change settings in app
- Open your Google News app .
- At the top right, tap your Google Account profile picture or initial Settings.
- Tap the setting you want to change.
Settings you can change
The settings you can change depends on your device and app version.
- Languages & regions of interest
Find news of up to 2 language and region pairs of interest.
- Temperature units
Pick Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Autoplay videos
Pick whether to play videos automatically always, never, or only on Wi-Fi.
- Article text size
Make words small, normal, or large.
- Sources & topics you see less of
If you’ve chosen to not see a publication, you can choose to see it again.
- Default apps
Pick your default browser, email app, and maps app.
Manage frequency and type of notifications. Learn how to manage your Google News notification settings.
Some settings can be changed in your device's settings app, like dark theme.
Find and control your Web & App Activity
- Open your Google News app.
- At the top right, tap your Google Account profile picture or initial My Activity.
Learn how to see & control your Web & App Activity.
Personalize your Google News content
You can have Google News show more stories that you’ll like and fewer that you won’t. Learn how to improve what shows for you on Google News.