The Seamless setup process allows you to set up compatible devices from start to finish in the Google Home app. When you choose devices that are supported for Seamless setup, you will not need a bridge or hub or the device maker’s app.
- A device that supports Seamless setup:
- One of the following Made by Google devices:
- Google Home
- Google Nest Mini (2nd gen)
- Google Home Mini (1st gen)
- Google Home Max
- Google Nest Audio
- Google Nest Hub
- Google Nest Hub Max
- Google Nest Wifi point
Set up your smart light
- Set up your Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display if you haven’t already.
- Plug in and turn on your smart light in the same room as your speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app . Make sure you have the most recent version.
- At the top left, tap Add Set up device Set up new devices.
- Choose a home to set up the light bulb in and tap Next.
- Your device will start scanning for nearby devices that are ready for setup.
- Tap Set up smart lights.
- Select the light bulbs you’d like to set up. Your bulbs will blink when selected.
- Room Selection: Choose what room your bulb is in.
- You can create a custom room by tapping Add custom room type in room name Next.
- Create a unique name. Type in the name for your light that you will use for voice commands. It's recommended to use a name like “reading light” or “overhead light.” For best results, don’t include the room in the light’s name. (When you say the room name in a voice command, your speaker or display controls all the lights in the room.)
- Setting up your smart light. Your light may blink a few times.
- Your light is ready. Tap Done.
- Setup is successful. You can now control your lights with your speaker or display.
Control your lights
Basic voice commands
|To do this:||Say "Hey Google" or “Ok Google," then:|
|Turn a light on or off||"Turn on or off <light name>"|
|Dim a light||"Dim the <light name>"|
|Brighten a light||"Brighten the <light name>"|
|Set a light brightness to a certain percentage||"Set <light name> to 50%"|
|Dim or brighten lights by a certain percentage||“Dim <light name> by 50%"
“Brighten <light name> by 30%”
|Change the color of a light
(if the light supports color)
|"Set <light name> to <color>"|
|Turn all lights in room on or off||
“Turn on or off lights in <room name>"
|Turn all lights on or off||“Turn on or off all of the lights”|