The Nest Home Report is a monthly email sent out by Nest summarizing your heating and cooling usage, safety events, and other information about your home and Nest products. If you’re not receiving your reports, here are some troubleshooting steps you can take.
In order to receive your first Nest Home Report, you'll need:
- A verified email address and password to sign in to the Nest app.
- A Nest product that is connected to the Nest app.
You’ll receive your first report about two weeks after the end of the month when you first installed your product. Once you've received your first report, you should start receiving a new one in the first or second week of each following month.
Here are some things to check if you're not receiving your report.
1. Verify your email address
If you haven't verified the email address associated with your account in the Nest app, we won't send out your Nest Home Report.
- Sign in to the Nest app.
- If your email address has not been verified, there will be a prompt to verify your email before you can continue. You can resend a verification email to the email address you used to sign in.
- Once it's been verified, you should start receiving the Nest Home Report each month.
2. Check your account settings
- Tap Settings on the app home screen.
- Select Notifications.
- Choose Nest Home Report. You may need to scroll down to see this.
- Tap the switch to turn Nest Home Report on or off.
3. Check for an email from email@example.com
The Nest Home Report is sent from the “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address.
- Perform a search in your email account to see if the email was buried in other emails.
- If nothing is coming up in your search, check your junk or spam folder. Your email client may mark unknown email addresses as junk. If this is the case, add “email@example.com” to your email contacts or address book.
4. Check your email settings
Some email providers may automatically block Nest emails, so they won’t even make it to your inbox. You may have to add our email address to a separate whitelist or authorized senders list. If you’re not sure how to do this, contact your email’s support or administrator to get help.
5. Check your email in the Nest app
If you are still having trouble getting email from Nest, try another email address from a different email provider.
- To change your email address, sign in to the Nest app.
- Tap the Menu icon on the app home screen.
- Select Account.
- Select Manage account.
- Choose Account Security.
- Tap Email address.
- Enter your password, then enter the new email address. Re-enter the new email address to confirm.
- Tap Save changes.
If the new email address doesn't work, switch back to your original email address. This may solve the problem if it was originally set up incorrectly.
If you're still not receiving the report, contact our support team.
6. Check your Wi-Fi connection
If your Nest products aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or are having intermittent connectivity problems, there may be some missing information in your Home Report. To check that your Nest products are connected to Wi-Fi, check the Nest app home screen for any products that may be offline.
Note: If you are getting a report about missing data from a Nest product you are no longer using, you should remove the product from the app. If you remove all of your devices, you won’t get any more Home Reports until you add at least one product back to your account.