Supersight is an exclusive feature offered on Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Nest Cam IQ Outdoor. Supersight comes enabled by default, and it switches on when your camera detects a person. When it does, your camera will automatically zoom in and track a person so you can more easily identify them.
Note: Supersight can only be used with the Nest app or on home.nest.com. It is not currently available in the Google Home app.
How to use Close-up tracking
Watch a short video
You can drag, tap, and pinch the video to change the view:
- Drag the small window to any corner you like with your finger and it will snap into position.
- Tap the small picture-in-picture window to return to the full camera view. The small picture-in-picture window will disappear until your camera zooms back in.
- You can pinch with two fingers on the full camera view to zoom in or out.
Close-up tracking view in video history
When you have a Google Nest Aware subscription, what you see in your video history depends on what device you’re using:
- On a phone or tablet
You’ll see the zoomed in view if a person was detected. This is for easier viewing on a smaller screen.
- On a computer
You’ll see the full video frame even if a person was detected. This is so you can see everything on your computer’s large screen.
All video in your camera’s video history will be saved in full frame. So it won’t be zoomed in, even if Close-up tracking view is enabled and a person was detected by your camera. This is so you have the complete picture and the highest resolution video saved in storage. While you’re watching video with the Nest app, you can manually zoom in and out at any point.
When you create a video clip, it will be saved in full frame. So if you want to manually zoom in for a closer look at a specific part of your clip, download it, then play it in an app that supports zooming in. One example of an app that supports zooming in is VLC Media Player (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android).
How to turn Close-up tracking on or off
Close-up tracking is enabled by default, but you can switch it off or back on in your camera’s Settings menu. Changing the Close-up tracking setting won’t affect what your camera has already saved in your video history.
- Tap a Nest Cam IQ Outdoor or Indoor on the Nest app home screen.
- Tap Settings .
- Select Close-up tracking view.
- Tap the switch to activate or deactivate Close-up tracking view.