With the $0 Nest Aware trial, you can try out many of the features of a Nest Aware subscription service for 30 days.
For info specific to your trial, select a version below based on the device you’d use to install your camera.
How the 30-day trial works
- When you set up an eligible device in either the Google Home app or Nest app, you can try out a Nest Aware (2nd gen) subscription for 30 days.
- After the trial ends, you can subscribe to Nest Aware to continue using subscription features. There is a limit of one 30-day trial per home.
- Once you start the trial, you can't cancel it, but you can turn off your camera recording and sound detection if you want. You can also delete your video history and sound detection events with the app.
- To be eligible for a 30-day trial, your home must be in a country where Nest Aware subscriptions are available for purchase.
- Specific Nest Aware features may vary by region and device.
- You'll need to use a Google Account when you sign up for Nest Aware.
What's included with the trial
You'll get a peek into the Nest Aware subscription service for 30 days. However, certain features, like Emergency Calling, are only available with a paid Nest Aware subscription and when located in the U.S.
During the trial period, you'll be able to:
- Get more intelligent alerts, including specific alerts when your Nest camera detects a familiar or unfamiliar face.
Note: Familiar face alerts are not available on Nest Cams used in Illinois and may not be available on certain Nest Cams in the EU.
In the United States, you can also get alerts when the sound of breaking glass or a smoke alarm is detected by your Google Nest speakers or displays.
- Create Activity Zones to highlight areas you want your camera to keep a closer eye on, and get custom alerts when it detects motion there. Activity zones do not require a Nest Aware subscription with Nest Cam battery, Nest Doorbell battery, Nest Cam (wired), or Nest Cam floodlight. A Nest Aware subscription is required to use Activity Zones with Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, Nest Cam IQ Indoor, Nest Cam IQ Outdoor, Nest Doorbell wired, and Nest Hub Max.
- Get 30 days of event video history (clips).
- If you've already purchased a Nest Aware subscription that includes a longer video history, you'll be able to continue to access the full video history that's included with your subscription when your trial ends.
- Create and share video clips or timelapses.
How to sign up for a 30-day trial
When you set up an eligible Google or Nest product in your home with either the Home or Nest app, you'll be asked if you want to start a 30-day trial of Nest Aware. You can start your 30-day trial whenever you want.In the app, go to Settings Nest Aware to complete the signup process for your trial.
How to use the 30-day trial if you have a 1st gen Nest Aware subscription
If you are currently subscribed to 1st gen Nest Aware, you'll get your first month for $0 when you switch to a Nest Aware (2nd gen) subscription.
If you currently use a Nest Account, you'll need to migrate to a Google Account when you switch to Nest Aware. Once you do, you won't be able to add any 1st gen Nest Aware subscriptions to your account.
Check when your trial starts and ends
- If you're eligible, you can opt in to the Nest Aware 30-day trial when you add an eligible product to the Home app or Nest app. Depending on your region, a 30-day trial may be unavailable.
- You can purchase a subscription for Nest Aware at any time during your trial or after it ends.
- You'll be notified in the app, and get a series of emails letting you know when your trial ends.
Note: If you subscribed to Nest Aware through one of our partners, the 30-day trial may end when you purchase a subscription from them. Contact the partner for more details.
You can always check when your trial ends on a web browser or in the app:
- Visit store.google.com/subscriptions. Sign in to your account, if needed.
- If you have more than one home, use the drop down menu at the top to select the home with the 30-day trial you want to view.
- You'll find the date your trial ends in the Nest Aware section.
- If you already signed up for a paid subscription, you'll see the date when your billing starts.
- If a date doesn't appear then you may not have an active 30-day trial.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap Settings .
- Under "Features," select Nest Aware.
- Open the Nest app .
- Tap Settings Nest Aware.
What happens when your trial ends
- To continue to use the features that come with your Nest Aware trial, you'll need to purchase a Nest Aware subscription.
- If you've already purchased a subscription from the Google Store, it will automatically start after your 30-day trial ends. You don't need to do anything else to continue to use Nest Aware.
- If you don't purchase a Nest Aware subscription before the trial ends, you'll lose access to Nest Aware's premium features, including Familiar Faces, sound detection, and recorded video history. With Nest Cam battery, Nest Doorbell battery, Nest Cam (wired), and Nest Cam with floodlight, you’ll continue to have the included 3 hours of event video history.While you will still have access to any video clips or timelapses that you've saved, the rest of your recorded video history will be erased when the trial period ends. Your sound detection history will expire over time and be deleted.
Event detection accuracy
Nest cams and doorbells help show you what's going on at home, but the technology itself isn't perfect. We try to make our camera events as accurate as possible, but your camera or doorbell may miss things like:
- Confuse a picture with a real event. For example, a t-shirt with a picture of a dog on it might trigger an animal detection event.
- A person crawling on the ground could be misidentified as a pet.
- Close relatives can be misidentified.