The web versions of the Home and Nest apps are optimized to take advantage of your computer's bigger screen and mouse. For example, you can view the live streams of multiple Nest cameras at once, or keep the live stream playing in the background while you work on other things.
Google Home for web
Google Home for web will be available as a preview as we continue to work on improving it and adding more popular camera features. Some features that are available in the mobile Google Home app or Nest app will not be available in the Google Home for web preview. To share feedback, please use the "Send Feedback" link in the menu at home.google.com. We look forward to building on this experience and receiving your feedback.
Use a web browser like Chrome to view Nest cameras and doorbells that you have in the mobile Google Home app. You can open Google Home for web on a computer or mobile device.
To use Google Home for web with devices originally set up with the Nest app, migrate your Nest Account to a Google Account.
- Go to home.google.com in a browser that supports WebRTC and Media Source Extensions (MSE).
- Sign into the Google Account that you use to control your cameras in the mobile app.
Note: Internet Explorer doesn’t support Google Home for web. On iPhones and iPads, Google Home for web doesn't support cameras originally set up with the Nest app. So older cameras like the 1st gen Nest Cam may not appear.
Switch accounts and homes
- To log out or switch to another account, select your Google Account profile in the upper right.
- To switch to a different home structure, select the name of the current home in the upper left.
If you have only one Nest camera in your home, Google Home for web automatically shows you a single view of the camera's live stream and controls.
If you have more than one Nest camera, you can choose how to view your cameras on your browser screen.
- To view the live feed of multiple cameras, select Camera grid view in the upper right.
- To view a list of all your cameras' names and the live feed of one camera, select Camera list view in the upper right.
- Live video from battery-powered Nest cameras and doorbells stops after 5 minutes.
- Live video from wired Nest cameras and doorbells stops after 12 hours.
To start the live stream again, tap Watch live.
View and control multiple cameras at once
When you first sign into Google Home for web, the screen shows you the live feed of all the Nest cameras in your home.
For each camera on the screen, you can also view:
- Name and location
- Status: On, Off, Offline or Idle (battery-powered cameras only)
To control a single camera:
- At the top of the camera's feed, turn it on or off .
- To start an idle camera's live stream, select Live video.
To turn all cameras on or off:
- At the top right, select More .
- Select Turn all cameras on or Turn all cameras off.
Get more details for a specific camera
To open a larger view for a specific camera, select the camera's name or live feed. The screen will show the selected camera's feed and a list of all your cameras.
In the camera's feed, you can:
- Check its status
- Turn it on, start live video, or try to connect to Wi-Fi
- Expand the video to full screen and collapse back to list view
- Zoom in and zoom out on a live stream
- Mute and unmute the sound on a live stream
- Check the battery percentage (battery cameras only)
The list of cameras also shows you:
- Name and location of each camera
- Each camera's status
- On/off controls for the selected camera
Nest web app
The Nest web app can control cameras and devices that were set up with the Nest app.
A few advanced features of the Nest camera and doorbell, Nest Aware, and other Nest products and services are only available in the computer version of the app. Other features are disabled on the computer version for security reasons.
- Open home.nest.com on a web browser and sign in.
- On the app home screen, click your photo (or the generic icon, if you haven't added a photo yet).
- Select Settings .
- On the left, select the item you want to change settings for.
Manage your account and check your messages
- On the home screen, click your photo (or the generic icon, if you haven't added a photo yet).
- To manage your account and other settings, select Settings .
- To check your message history, select Messages .
- In the upper right corner of the home screen, click your home .
- On the menu that appears, select the home you wish to switch to.
Manage your Nest products
- On the home screen, select a product to bring up its details.
- Scroll down to find tabs for product-specific options including Settings.