The computer version of the Nest app is optimized to take advantage of your bigger screen and mouse. So if you’re used to the Nest app on a phone or tablet, you may notice some changes.
A few advanced features of the Nest camera and doorbell, Nest Aware, and other Nest products are only available in the computer version of the app. Other features are disabled on the computer version for security reasons.
Note: You can only use the Nest web app to control cameras and other devices that were set up with the Nest app.
- Open home.nest.com on a web browser and sign in.
- On the app home screen, click your photo (or the generic icon, if you haven't added a photo yet).
- Select Settings .
To check specific product settings, select Settings . Or, on the left side of the screen, click your photo (or the generic icon , if you haven't added a photo yet). Then, select Settings to manage your account.
Manage your account and check your messages
- On the home screen, click your photo (or the generic icon, if you haven’t added a photo yet).
- To manage your account and other settings, select Settings .
- To check your message history, select Messages .
- In the upper right corner of the home screen, click your home .
- On the menu that appears, select the home you wish to switch to.
Manage your Nest products
- On the home screen, select a product to bring up its details.
- Scroll down to find tabs for product-specific options including Settings.
You may notice a few differences, such as features that are only available on a computer. To use Nest web app features that are unavailable on a computer, you need to use the Nest or Home app on a phone or tablet.