Remember, people don’t need to be home members to use your devices. Guests can still play music or ask questions without being added as a home member.
When you invite someone to become a home member they will be able to do the following things once they accept your invitation:
- Add new devices (like speakers and home automation devices like lights and cameras) to your home
- Access devices that are added to your home and change their settings
- Automatically link your media services (like YouTube) to all devices in your home
Each home member has access to controls and settings for all devices in this home. Examples include:
- Turning lights on and off
- Viewing camera feeds
- Locking doors
- Adjusting the temperature
- Room assignment
- Device address
- Digital wellbeing
- And more
Media services on Assistant devices
Each home member’s linked music, video, & books services will automatically become available on all Assistant devices in this home. This lets anyone ask the devices in this home for music, videos, & books.
Ability to add and remove devices and home members
Every home member can add new devices. Examples include:
- Google Nest or Home devices
- Nest devices, including Nest Cams
- Smart lights and plugs
- Smart locks
- And more
Every home member is able to invite others to join the home, as well as remove existing home members.