Note: Some Google Home app features are not available for Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) accounts. To access all Google Home app features available in your country, link a personal Gmail account instead.
Instructions for Google Workspace super users
If you are the Google Workspace super user, follow these steps:
- To turn the service on or off for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organisational unit.
- Log in to your administrator account. This will open the Google Admin console.
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Apps Additional Google services.
- Click Web & App Activity to open its settings page.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- To change the Service status, select On or Off.
- Choose one:
- If the Service status is set to Inherited and you want to keep the updated setting, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the Service status is set to Overridden, either click Inherit to revert to the same setting as its parent, or click Save to keep the new setting, even if the parent setting changes.
Note: Learn more about organizational structure.
- Click Apply.
Instructions for Google Workspace users
Once the Google Workspace super user has turned on Web & App Activity using the steps above, Google Workspace users can follow these steps to add an account:
- Depending on your device, open Google settings in one of these places:
- Settings app Google.
- Google Settings.
- On some Android devices, open your Settings app General.
- Tap Personal info & privacy Activity controls Web & App Activity.
- Toggle the slider to the right to turn it on .