Note: Some Google Home app features are not available for Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) accounts. To access all Google Home app features available in your country, link a personal Gmail account instead.
Instructions for Google Workspace Super Administrators
If you are the Google Workspace Super Administrator, follow these steps:
- To turn on or off the service for select groups of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
- Log into your administrator account. This will open the Google Admin console.
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Apps Additional Google services.
- Click Web & app activity to open its settings page.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- Click Override to keep your setting if the service for the parent organizational unit is changed.
- If Overridden is already set for the organizational unit, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
- Click Apply.
Instructions for Google Workspace users
Once the Google Workspace Super Administrator has turned on Web and app activity using the steps above, Google Workspace users can follow these steps to add an account:
- Visit the Activity controls page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account.
- Tap the switch on or off.
- If you turn the switch on, you can check the box next to "Include Chrome history and activity from sites, apps, and devices that use Google services."