The home address is the physical location of your Google Nest or Google Home devices. This address may not be the same address as your work and home locations.
When you ask for local places, weather and time information, your home address is used as the default location unless you specify another place, weather or time. Example: "What's the weather in <Chicago>?"
If you have a migrated Nest account or use the same Google Account in the Nest app (through the "Sign in with Google" option), the changes you make to your home’s address in the Google Home app are also reflected in the Nest app.
Change the home address of your devices
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top, make sure your home name is listed. If needed, tap the name to change the selected home.
- Tap Settings Home information Home address.
- Tap Edit Enter your address Next.
- Drag the map so the pin is on your home, then tap Done.
Note: When you change the home address, it only affects the devices in the home you selected. You can edit or delete this address anytime.