To make it easier to identify and control devices that you set up in the Google Home app, you can change the names of your devices.
Change the device name
Speakers and displays
- Make sure your mobile device or tablet is linked to the same account as your speaker or display.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Touch and hold your device's tile.
- In the top-right corner, tap Settings Device information Device name.
- Enter a new name tap Save.
Note: This only applies if you’ve set up your device in the Google Home app. If you’ve set up your device in the Nest app, learn how to change the location or room name of your Nest product in the Nest app.