Receive emails for your devices and the Google Assistant
After setting up your Chromecast or Google Nest or Google Home speaker or display, you'll receive a welcome email that provides helpful information to get you started.
If you choose to receive emails, we'll keep you up-to-date on the latest about Chromecast, Google Nest or Google Home devices, and the Google Assistant. You'll get tips and tricks, and learn about new features, partners, offers, research surveys, and much more delivered right to your inbox.
To manage email settings:
- Open the Google Home app .
- At the top right, tap your account.
Verify that the Google Account shown is the one linked to your Google Home or Google Nest device. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
- Go back to the home screen .
- Tap Settings More settings Assistant Email updates.
- Turn on Google Assistant emails to receive emails for Google Nest, Google Home, Chromecast, your Google Assistant, or the Preview program.
You can opt out of email updates by turning off Google Assistant emails or clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive.