Important: This article is for customers who are using a Nest Account that was created before August 19, 2019 and has not been migrated to a Google Account.
- If you started using the Nest app after August 19, 2019, you’re using a Google Account.
- If you’re signed in to the Nest app, at the top right, tap Settings . If the option “Migrate to a Google Account” does not appear on the screen, then you’re using a Nest Account.
- If you can’t sign in to the Nest app, go to myaccount.google.com/permissions sign in with your Google Account. If Nest appears under “Signing in with Google,” then you need to use your Google Account to sign in to the Nest app.
- Note: If you have multiple Google Accounts, you may need to check all of them.
If you’re using a Google Account, follow the instructions to change or reset your Google Account password.
Change your Nest Account password
- On the Nest app home screen, tap Settings .
- Select Account Manage account.
- Note: If you’re using a Google Account, the app will ask to use “google.com” to sign in. Sign in and follow the steps to change or reset your Google Account password.
- Tap Account Security Account password.
- Enter your current password and your new password Save changes.
Reset your Nest Account password
- Open the Nest app or visit home.nest.com.
- Tap Sign in with Nest Forgot Password.
- Enter your email address Reset password.
- You’ll receive an email to reset your password.
If you've enabled 2-step verification, you’ll need to verify your account to reset your password.
If you don't get the password reset email:
- Double check that you entered the email address that you used to sign up for your account.
- Double check that you use a Nest Account, not a Google Account.
- Check your spam email folder.
- Try requesting the reset password email again.
- Contact support for further assistance.
Need more help?
Call or chat with a specialist.