Ask your Google Assistant to do multiple things at once
You can do two things at once by combining two supported voice queries. Make sure to say "and" between the two queries.
For example, you can say:
- "Hey Google, turn up the volume and play music."
- "Hey Google, what time is it and what is the weather?"
- "Hey Google, turn on the lights in the kitchen and in the bedroom."
Tips for using multiple voice queries
- Neither query in the combined command can be a shortcut. However, you can create a shortcut for your combined command.
- Will work: Creating a shortcut for "Hey Google, <play music and set volume to 4>."
- Won't work: Creating a shortcut for "Hey Google, <I am home>" and using that in a combined command, "Hey Google, <I am home> and <play music>."
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.