Control restricted content
You can block explicit music and video content from YouTube, Google Play Music, and other music/radio services from playing on Google Home and linked devices.
YouTube Music and YouTube video search
Note: YouTube Music is only available in the U.S. and Australia.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu .
- Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name.
- Tap More settings.
- Under "Devices,' tap the device you want to adjust.
- Under "YouTube Restricted Mode",
- To block restricted content, slide the slider to the right .
- To allow restricted content, slide the slider to the left
Here's more on YouTube Restricted Mode.
Google Play Music
- Open the Google Play Music website. Note: You can't adjust this setting on the Google Play Music app.
- In the top left corner of the window, click Settings .
- In the "General" section, click the checkbox next to "Block explicit songs in radio."
Note: This will not block Google Play Music premium users from playing a specific explicit song or album.
Other music/radio services
Elise is a Google Home expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.