You can use the front camera on your Pixel phone to take a self-portrait (selfie).
Flip your lens
- Open your Google Camera app . Learn how.
- To swap to your front camera, tap Switch .
- Tap Capture .
- Twist your phone away from you and back.
- To flip your lens again, repeat step 1. Learn how to turn gestures on or off.
Choose how selfies are saved
You can save your selfies as mirrored or non-mirrored photos. If you save a selfie as previewed, it won’t appear reversed after you take a selfie.
To mirror or non-mirror your selfies, in your camera, at the top, tap the Down arrow , then Settings . Tap Save selfie as previewed.
Change the appearance of a selfie
Retouch a selfie
You can use Face retouching on selfies or Portrait mode photos.
- To retouch a selfie or Portrait mode photo, tap the Down arrow .
- Under “Face Retouching":
- Pixel 4a (5G) and later: Tap Subtle or Smooth.
- Pixel 4a and earlier: Tap Natural or Smooth.
Tip: The face retouching results only show in the final photo.
Brighten a selfie
Before you can brighten selfies, you must switch to the front camera. To brighten selfies, tap the Down arrow Selfie Illumination .
Zoom out on a selfie (Pixel 3 only)
The Pixel 3 has a super-wide front camera, so you can zoom out on a selfie. To fit more people in your photo, before you take a selfie, use the slider at the bottom of the screen.