You can ask Google Assistant on your speaker, Smart Display, Smart Clock, or car to play radio stations by name or location.
- Say "Hey Google" or press the button to talk to Assistant.
- Say a command.
Try these commands
- Station name: “Play ESPN Radio.” “Play Mega 97.9 FM.” “Play Mega 97.9 on iHeartRadio.”
- Frequency: “Play 98.5.”
- Call sign: “Play KQED.” “Play KFOG.”
- Location: “Play Z100 in New York.”
- Nearby NPR station: “Play NPR.”
- Find info: “What’s playing?”
Control what's playing
- To pause or stop:
- “Stop the radio.”
- To resume:
- “ Resume.”
- “Continue playing.”
Change the volume
You can set the volume to a specific level (1–10) or percent (1–100%).
- Increase: “Turn it up.” (Increases volume by 10%).
- Decrease: “Turn it down.” (Decreases volume by 10%).
- Set a level: “Volume 5.”
- Set a percentage: “Volume to 65%.”
Control the radio in your car
With Assistant built-in, you can listen to the car radio or a radio app, like iHeartRadio.
For example, if you say:
- “Hey Google, play 102.7,” Assistant will play that station on the car radio.
- “Hey Google, play 102.7 on iHeartRadio,” Assistant will play that station from your streaming app.
Control radio from the Google Home app
If you use Assistant on a speaker, Smart Display, or Smart Clock, you can change the volume in the Google Home app.
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home .
- Tap your device Change the volume.