Troubleshooting Conversion tracking status
If you've set up Google Ads conversion tracking to see when your ads lead to valuable actions such as website purchases or calls to a phone number on your website, there are several ways for you to check that conversions are being recorded correctly. You can troubleshoot problems with your conversion tracking tag (the snippet of code you or your webmaster installed on your website) if they aren't. You can:
- Verify that Google Ads can 'see' your tag and is recording conversions within your account.
- Use other tools and methods to check that the tag is installed in the right place and uses the right code parameters.
- Review a few common problems to check for if conversions aren't being recorded properly.
Whether you just created a new conversion action and installed the conversion tracking tag (on your website), or want to confirm or troubleshoot an existing conversion action, you can check its tracking status from the Conversions page in your Google Ads account. To do so:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tools icon in the top right-hand corner of your account.
- Under 'Measurement', click Conversions.
- In the conversion actions table, find the conversion action that you want to check in the 'Name' column, then look at the 'Status' column in that same row.